Are you searching for the best small storage unit in San Diego to store all your extra belongings? Or maybe you need a little space to spread out and organize? With so many options available, navigating what kind of storage is right for you can take time and effort.
Finding options that are secure, close to home, and reasonably priced is key - which is why we’re here: to help narrow your search and get you into a unit that will fit all your needs! So keep reading for tips on selecting the best small storage unit in San Diego.
What to Look for When Choosing a Small Storage Unit in San Diego
When choosing a small storage unit in San Diego, there are many important factors to consider:
- Size: Evaluate the size of the unit and whether it can accommodate all of your items. Consider measurements for both width and height and overall square footage.
- Security: Ask about the security features at the facility, such as surveillance cameras, keypads or other access control measures, and fence lines.
- Cost & Payment Options: Consider how long you plan on renting a storage unit when budgeting for it so that you can compare different prices and payment plans that other providers in San Diego offer.
- Pickup & Delivery Service: Ask about whether pickup and delivery services are offered so that you don't have to worry about transporting your items yourself when moving them in or out of storage units in the San Diego area.
- Amenities: Some storage facilities offer additional amenities such as climate-controlled units or 24-hour access, and these features can be worth considering when researching different options in San Diego.
Our Top Choices for The Best Small Storage Units in San Diego
Selfishly, we're putting ourselves at the top of this list because we provide a solution that no one else does.
With Juujbox, customers can choose the number of storage bins they need and get a custom quote for their boxes and bins if desired. Our pricing starts at an affordable $14.95/month per bin, making it one of the most cost-effective storage solutions in San Diego.
Additionally, pick-up is always free with Juujbox, while there is a flat $25 fee for delivery. Finally, customers have peace of mind knowing that their items are safely stored with Juujbox's secure storage facility; all items are monitored with CCTV cameras, 24-hour surveillance, and alarmed doors for extra security.
Providing a flexible and affordable solution is why we top the list of the best small storage units in San Diego.
Extra Space Storage
Extra Space Storage has a great offer in San Diego to accommodate customers with limited storage space needs.
Their Mission Valley location has a rare 3x3 storage unit, starting at $39/month. This is generally a promotional price, and customers can expect the price to increase after the third month. This makes it ideal for those who need short-term storage solutions, such as students or business travelers.
Finally, Extra Space Storage provides top-notch security with 24/7 video surveillance, on-site managers, secure gate access, and more to ensure customers' belongings are always safe and secure. Overall, these reasons make Extra Space Storage a choice to consider when looking for suitable small storage units in San Diego.
CubeSmart is third on our list of small storage providers in San Diego, with various locations throughout the city.
One of their most popular offerings is their 5x5 storage locker that is 4 feet in vertical height for around $40/month. A standard storage unit usually sits about 8 feet high, so this option provides customers more flexibility by providing a lower cost for a smaller, locker space-sized storage unit. Beyond that, their smallest size, the 4x5 storage unit, is listed at a promotional price of $55/month.
However, these are just promotional prices designed to get you through the door. Although they can be attractive at first, customers should expect an increase in price after three months. Overall, whether you're looking for short-term or long-term storage in San Diego, CubeSmart is an excellent choice due to its wide selection of small storage units.
U-Stor-IT is another excellent option for small storage units in San Diego. They provide a wide variety of storage unit sizes. For example, a standard 5x5 storage unit costs about $100/month.
The 5x5 storage unit is generally the market standard for the smallest storage units available at most storage facilities in San Diego. Although the initial price is quite reasonable, most storage providers like to increase the monthly rate after you've settled into your storage unit.
Due to its location in San Diego, customers will need to drive or rent a truck if they do not own one to transport their items to and from the facility. Renting a truck could add extra costs depending on the size of your items that need storage and how far away you are from the storage facility.
Public Storage is the big elephant in the room for storage in the United States, offering various storage solutions for residential and commercial customers. In addition, Public Storage offers small storage units ranging from 5x5 to 10x30 in size.
Public Storage has some key benefits that make it an attractive solution for small storage spaces in San Diego. They have many locations, and they're all conveniently located around the city, making it easy to access your unit when needed. In addition, they offer month-to-month rental periods so you can store your items as long as necessary without being tied into a long-term commitment.
Depending on demand, their prices may not be competitive with other companies in the area; they often increase after three months of use - something you should consider when renting one of their units if you'll need it for more extended periods. You also have to drive to their locations during business hours and may need to rent a truck if you don’t have access to one.
Ballpark Self Storage
Ballpark Self-Storage in San Diego is another option for small storage needs. Located in the heart of the city, it provides easy access and convenience for those looking to store their belongings. It offers 3x5 units for $87 a month and standard 5x5 units for $102 a month.
The drawbacks of using Ballpark Self Storage for small storage needs in San Diego include the issue of homeless people in the area. Also, it'll be hard to get in and out of this facility during baseball games as it's located next to Petco Park.
Pacific Highway Storage
Pacific Highway Storage in San Diego may be convenient and appear secure and clean, but it has a hefty price tag. Starting at $128 for a 5x5 unit, it is much more expensive than several other options.
They do provide assistance to help transport and store your items, but other locations offer the same services at much more affordable prices.
On the other end, though, Pacific Highway Storage is an excellent choice if saving money isn't your priority and instead is focused on service, safety, and location.
Tips for Packing and Organizing Your Belongings in a Small Storage Unit
By following some simple tips and tricks, you can easily make the most of the limited space and ensure that you can fit everything into the unit securely and efficiently:
- Use storage bins with labels to quickly sort items and maximize your limited space. Plastic containers are also moisture-resistant and can be stackable.
- Strategically place frequently used items near the front of the unit, while less frequently used ones can be near the back or up high.
- Create a map or diagram of what is stored in each box/bin, so you know exactly where everything is located; this will save time when looking for specific items.
- Place heavier items on the bottom while lighter items should be placed on top to avoid damage from weight or pressure.
- Wrap all fragile items with proper cushioning materials such as bubble wrap or packing paper to keep them safe during transport and storage in the unit.
- Group similar items together to save space and remember what is inside each box without having to open it up whenever you want to access something particular inside it.
If you are looking for the best small storage unit in San Diego, you have likely been thoroughly researching your options. Finalizing your selection can be a big decision; luckily, many great options are available. Be sure to carefully compare available features such as price, security measures, and proximity to your home or office. When it comes down to it, taking time to examine all the details can ensure that your choice is the right one!
If you like the convenience of paying a low price for your storage unit and want someone to pick up and deliver your items, then consider Juujbox storage for your storage needs.